FCPA, CTA, TEP, GAICD
‘To have the professional satisfaction of knowing that we are recognised Nationwide for being the authority in the complex tax laws of estates and trusts, and knowing that our expertise translates into peace of mind for our clients’.
Ian is a Certified Practising Accountant and a Director of BNR Partners where he heads the firm’s Estates and Trusts Division; a division that has specialised in the taxation of Deceased Estates and Testamentary Trusts since the year 2000. BNR Partners provide both advice on Estate taxation matters and solutions to manage the associated taxation obligations of deceased estates for Executors, Legal Practitioners and listed Trustee companies right across Australia, and has one of the only dedicated teams of accountants in the country that specialise in this niche and often complex and misunderstood area of taxation.
Ian is recognised nationally for his technical knowledge and expertise on the taxation of Deceased Estates and is a frequent presenter at both legal and accounting conferences across the country, including for various law societies, the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, CPA Australia, the College of Law and LegalWise seminars.
Ian also regularly provides in-house training sessions for both legal practices and Trustee companies, and consults with professional bodies, regulators and the private sector on Estate taxation issues. He has over 25 years of public practice experience and is actively involved in the professional arena. Ian was named as a 2017 finalist in the Tax Institute of Australia’s SME Tax Advisor of the year Awards and was the recipient of CPA Australia’s 2016 Henry Fox Award for service to Public Practice.
- Fellow of CPA Australia (FCPA)
- Chartered Tax Advisory of the Tax Institute of Australia (CTA)
- Registered Practitioner of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (TEP)
- Registered Tax Agent
- Graduate Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
Committee and Board Positions
- Director and Treasurer of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners Limited,
(2016 – current)
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Victoria Committee (2016 – Current)
- College of Law Estate Planning Advisory Committee, for the Masters of Applied Law Programs. (2016- Current)
- CPA Australia – Public Practice Advisory Committee (Chairman) (2014)
- CPA Australia – Public Practice Advisory Committee Member (2009 - 2015)
- CPA Australia – Representative Council (2010 - 2016)